We know that you have many options to choose from for your children’s enrichment activities. Learning a second language offers many benefits. Studies have shown that people who engage in learning multiple languages:
- Tend to score better on standardized tests.
- Remember lists or sequences more accurately.
- Are more perceptive of their surroundings.
Here are some reasons parents choose Little Linguists Academy for enrichment language instruction.
- We start young. Our Mom & Tot classes include babies as young as three months, and we offer a variety of options for children as they grow.
- Our teachers are native speakers with experience working with children.
- Our flexibility gives parents many options. We offer instruction at our center or a location of your choice. We can create a group class with enough interest for specific day, time and place.
- We integrate language and culture in a way that makes learning fun and helps children retain more of what they are exposed to. Our proprietary curriculum was created by native speakers, scholars and field instructors.
- We offer group and private lessons, enabling us to meet children’s individual needs.
Little Linguists offers year-round language immersion classes for children ages three months (Mom & Tot) to twelve years. We keep class sizes very small at a maximum of eight, which allows us to adapt instruction to each child's individual learning needs.
Our curriculum emphasizes cultural immersion alongside language learning. Every two to three weeks we have a new theme for instruction. Cultural holidays for specific target languages and major US holidays are a big part of what we do. Children learn basic conversation topics that are age appropriate.
We’ve found that with our proprietary curriculum, learning comes naturally! Here are some of the ways our children learn at different ages:
- Three months to three years. We use the classic activities of early childhood development such as singing, chanting, games, movement, basic questions and answers, and story time.
- Three to five years. Our teachers build on verbal activities listed above and begin some reading and story memorization.
- Five to eight years. Children learn the alphabet of their language, which supports simple reading activities.
- Eight to ten years. Our curriculum integrates the major skills of communication — reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Ten to twelve years. We begin focusing on grammar skills such as verb conjugation and sentence structure, and continue with reading comprehension and essay writing.
For families and children who want individualized focus, we offer private lessons at your home or any other location of your choice. Some of the benefits of private lessons are:
- A sole focus on specific needs, such as supplementing school work, enhancing communication with relatives (such as grandparents) in a multi-lingual family, preparing for a vacation out of the country, etc.
- Learning in an environment that has fewer distractions and may be less intimidating for some children.
- Faster progress.
- Increased convenience for families with busy schedules. With private lessons, you never miss a class!
Each session includes 10 lessons, which are scheduled in the beginning of the session. Classes can be rescheduled with 24-hour advanced notice.
Little Linguists Academy is a full service tutoring company specializing in public and private schools in the Chicagoland area.
Mission Statement:We are experts who care, and we create custom-tailored tutoring experiences and provide individualized attention to each and every one of our students.
You can count on us to be your guide as we navigate our city's system together to ensure your child’s success, by preparing him or her to excel in their education.
Why: We believe that quality tutoring should be differentiated and tailored to the needs of each student, while maintaining the highest standards.
How: We strategically assess every student in detail prior to their first tutoring session to effectively identify their individualized needs.
Who: We draw on our own rich experiences as both career educators and parents to design a tutoring experience familiar with the competitive and rigorous nature of Chicago education.
Ages 3-5, 5-8, and 9-12
AM (9:00 – 12:00) or PM (12:30 – 3:30)
Monday through Friday
Maximum of 8 children per group
|• Weekly Fun themes||• Stories||• Movies||• Sports|
|• Songs||• Poems||• Fine Arts||• Calligraphy|
|• Games||• Outdoor Activities||• Martial Arts||• Origami|
|• Arts and Crafts||• Cooking classes||• Drama||• Mystery Visitors|
* AM and PM camp can be combined to a full-day camp.
* Before and after camp care is available.
* If the camp dates do not work for your schedule, we will bring a camp to you for as little as 3 campers.
Summer is the best time to brush up your language skills or to learn a new one! Our cultural and language immersion camp is truly one of its kind. With Little Linguists' cultural and language immersion camp, your child will have so much fun learning. We run a weekly summer camp from June to August
CPS no-school Day Camp / Winter and Spring Break Camp
During days off from Chicago Public Schools, Little Linguists Academy will offer a camp like curriculum.
2015-16 Programming Dates:
- Veteran’s Day (11/11),
- School Improvement Day (11/13),
- Parent-Teacher Conference Day (11/18),
- Winter Break(12/21-23 & 12/28-30),
- Martin Luther King Day (1/18),
- School Improvement Day (2/5),
- President’s Day (2/15),
- Parent-Teacher Conference Day (4/8), Spring Break (4/18-22)
9am-3:30pm – Before and after care are available at an additional cost.